




The WKC East is finally doing a little riding on the east coast. We went to a place Called Windmill Point in the Kill Devil Hills area. The IKitesurf wind meters looked promising so off we went. After some contemplation about the quality of the wind, Jeff P and I decided that it was time to get wet. Now, since Jeff only brought a 11m, I went first on my 9m as a wind dummy, and yes I am still rocking the 2005 Reactors. While it was not an epic session, it was very gusty and on the edge of what I would call the safe zone, it was a session and I had fun. The wind was blowing 24-30mph and had lulls as low as 19 with the gusts reaching 35.
I know these are sketchy conditions but sometimes you just gotta ride.
Another item of note, while there we met a few locals and they were very cool. of course one of them was named.............. You guessed it, Jeff. What is it about kitesurfing and Jeffs? I guess it is inevitable that there will be a Jeff no matter where you go kitesurfing.
No comments:
Post a Comment